Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day

Well, not much has happened this week, until yesterday. Yesterday Michael was supposed to have the day off and we were going to head out to Babies'R'Us and Target to do some shopping/start the baby registry. Those plans went out the window as soon as the day started.

At 12 Am, Michael's pager goes off and he gets called in to work because a specific piece of gear went down and he needed to figure out what was wrong and fix it. By 4Am, the problem still wasn't fixed, but his supervisor told him to go home, get some sleep and be back by 10. He worked from 10-4, finally having success and fixing it. Meanwhile, I was off doing all the shopping by myself. I found a lot of things I would love to get for the baby and got myself a few maternity shirts and another pair of pants, but it just wasn't as much fun as it would have been with Michael there.

Many of you know that I get migraines from artificial scents (purfumes, etc). Well, I guess I spent a little too much time near all the smelly stuff at Babies'R'Us and Wal-mart, and by the time Michael got home I had a huge migraine on my hands. It got so bad that we ended up heading to the Tripler Emergency Room for some pain meds. They were able to give me some meds that were safe for the baby, but they made me extremely jittery and almost anxious. Before they would discharge me, they wanted to make sure the baby was doing well by checking the heartbeat. They had a hard time getting a solid read through the fetal doppler, they would find the heartbeat for a second or two, then lose it, so they decided they needed to do an ultrasound to get a firm positive that baby was doing well. We were able to see the head, body, and the little heart beating. Seeing our baby for the first time completely makes up for all the crap we went through the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww ♥ glad you guys are okay! =) Prayers.